"For now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see" Neutral Milk Hotel.

Saturday 14 October 2017

Agromyza albitarsis on white poplar

Found this mine on white poplar at NWT Holme Dunes in the Paddocks on 9th October 2017. I was unable to put a name to it, but Andy Banthorpe on the UK Leafmines Facebook site thought it was probably this species. I added the photos to i-record and Barry Warrington the National recorder has confirmed the record. NBN suggests few records for this species, and none for Norfolk. Whether this is the case presently I'm not sure, but still a nice find and pretty confident new for the patch!



1 comment:

  1. I recorded this species in September from Roman Wood in Acle, so there's at least on other Norfolk record! I think the handful of us recording Agromyzid mines in the county this year are making quite a big contribution to the recording scheme though, which is good. Regards, James.

    ReplyDelete